- This event has passed.
Spring Day of Caring
June 8, 2018 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
Lend a hand as you follow your passion and use your skills by giving the gift of volunteering to your community!
Join us in making a difference in your community. Commit to the full day or half of the day, and bring a friend because volunteering is always more fun with friends!
Friday, June 8 from 8:30 am – 4:00 pm
We offer two shifts, sign up for one or both to volunteer with us all day long!
- Shift 1 is from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
- Shift 2 is from 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
We are looking for a sponsor for lunch, lunch break will happen from 12:00 pm until 12:30 and all volunteers are invited to join us for lunch.
Outdoor Clean-up at Heaton Woods
- What does winter gardens and landscaping? A lot! The front courtyard is the place that Heaton Woods residents go to garden, enjoy the sunshine and spend time outdoors. It is easily accessible even for those in walkers or wheelchairs. But it needs some work after this snowy winter and last spring’s construction. We’ll be weeding, raking, trimming and cleaning up the landscaping and the resident’s garden beds.
- Painting – last year’s construction left a few unpainted sections on their wheelchair ramp and other wooden outdoor areas, and a fence that needs a few coats of paint. Bring your painting clothes, we will supply the brushes, stirrers, and paint.
- Parking lot sweeping – if time allows we will also help to sweep and tidy up the parking areas around the facility to make it safe and clean for residents and visitors.