Hi Friends and partners,
I hope your Spring is off to a great, though chilly, start. In case you missed our e-newsletter the other day, I wanted to let you know that we have a variety of new volunteer opportunities up on our Volunteer Connection Listing on our website. Please check out the options, there are all types of ways for volunteers to connect as individuals or in groups!
In addition, mark your calendars and let your teams know that our Annual Days of Caring will take place on May 23 (NEK) and May 24 (Central VT). If you have teams that are interested, it’s never too soon to get signed up. Both dates will be outdoor activities, in the NEK we’ll be gleaning (harvesting veggies for local food shelves) and doing gardening, and in Central Vermont, we’ll be helping do outdoor playground maintenance and homeless shelter indoor/outdoor cleanup projects.
Here is a sampling of other volunteer opportunities – please share these widely and THANKS!
- Event Volunteers needed for Good Beginnings of Central Vermont’s Baby and Child Expo on Saturday, April 1st in Berlin.
- Community Restorative Justice Center Seeks Community Volunteers for Restorative Justice Panels, Reintegration Program, and neighborhood development.
- Community Repack needs help sort and pack grocery store donations to be distributed to food shelves with the Vermont Foodbank in Barre – This is a great volunteer activity for groups!
- Help Prepare and Serve Community Meals at the First Presbyterian Church of Barre.
- Garden for Good! Help with the reconstruction and planting of the perennial herb gardens at low-income housing site
- Day of Caring 2017 – Green Mountain United Way seeks projects to offer as part of the Annual Day of Caring in late May or early June. If your organization has projects that 8-25 volunteers could help with, contact Carrie for more information at email@example.com
- Plan ahead – Vermont Works for Women’s Women Can Do! Conference needs Expo and Workshop Instructors and event volunteers in October
As always, if you have a group or team who is looking for a volunteer project in any of our five counties, reach out and we can help to connect you with organizations and opportunities to help!
Thanks for all you do and for supporting our communities!
Carrie Stahler / Director of Funding & Program Development / Green Mountain United Way
Montpelier Office / 73 Main Street, #33, Montpelier, VT 05602 / tel: 802-613-3989
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.