This time of year we are usually planning our route to spread cheer and love by delivering roses donated by generous community members to area nursing homes.
This year, our Annual Roses event has been canceled and those same nursing homes have not had visitors for weeks because of the coronavirus. We are thrilled that elders in our communities are safe and protected, but we know they still need some love and cheer. This year for Mother’s Day we are asking you to join us in supporting them with a Card Shower.
Cards can be homemade, store-bought, or any combination of the two! Below are the names and addresses of contacts at our area nursing or elder care facilities. Mail your cards to them so they can hang them in public spaces and share them with the elders in these facilities. Your messages can be ones of love, appreciation, and community, whatever moves you! You can focus on Mother’s Day or another reason, the main idea is that we are sharing our joy with folks who have not been able to have their friends and family nearby!
- Genesis Health and Rehab: Melissa Haupt or Melody Richardson , 98 Hospitality Drive, Berlin, 05603
- Woodridge Nursing Home: Dana Figueroa, 142 Woodridge Drive, Berlin, VT 05602
- Heaton Woods Senior Residence: Attn: Susie – Activities, 10 Heaton Street, Montpelier, 05602
- The Gary Residence: Residents, 149 Main Street, Montpelier, 05602
- Barre Gardens: Susan Gile, 378 Prospect Street, Barre, 05641
- Mayo Healthcare: Activities Dept , 71 Richardson Avenue, Northfield, 05663
- Menig Nursing Home: 215 Tom Wicker Lane, Randolph Center, VT 05061
- Greensboro Nursing Home: Activities Dept, 47 Maggies Pond Road, Greensboro, 05841
- The Pines Rehabilitation & Health: Attn: Lizbeth Rodgers, Activities, 601 Red Village Rd, Lyndonville, VT 05851
- St. Johnsbury Health & Rehab: Attn: Maria Luggelle, Admission Dir, 1248 Hospital Dr, St Johnsbury, VT 05819