2018 Worksite Wellness Conference
2018 Worksite Wellness Conference: Worksite Wellness Essentials for a Thriving Workplace
Wednesday March 21, 2018
Burlington Hotel & Conference Center
870 Williston Road
Burlington, VT 05403
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Join hundreds of Vermont business owners, human resources professionals and wellness experts to learn strategies and best practices in worksite wellness, share your experiences, and expand your professional network. This year we will have a keynote speaker from leading Worksite Wellness Organization WELCOA, twelve breakout session options, and an all new Ask-the-Expert session!
Registration fees and deadlines
Deadline to register: March 10th
$78.00 for award winners
$104.00 per person before March 1st
$128.00 per person after March 1st
Information on Exhibiting
Green up your commute!
The Department of Health is partnering with Go! Vermont (link is external) to provide greener commuting options for the 2018 Worksite Wellness Conference. Any worksite sending six or more employees to the conference is eligible to rent a van at their local Enterprise car rental for only $25.00! Any adult employee can pick up the van the night before the conference and return it the evening after the conference. If you are sending fewer than six employees, or some of your employees commute a significant distance to work, please let us know and we can do a match with employers in your area for a vanpool from your town or region! Please email email@example.com if you are interested in a vanpool.
Rather take the bus? Every attendee that takes a vanpool or commutes to the venue by bus will enter a raffle to win one of five free gas cards!
7:30 a.m. – Registration
8:30 a.m. – Welcome
Janet Franz – Chair, Governor’s Council on Physical Fitness and Sports
Mark Levine, MD – Commissioner, Vermont Department of Health
Governor Phil Scott (invited)
Worksite Wellness Awards and Poster Session
10:00 – Keynote Address with Q&A
Sara Rauch – WELCOA
11:00 a.m. – Break
Exhibits & Networking
11:15 a.m. – Concurrent Workshops
- Engaging Management and Wellness Teams in the Creation of Supportive Environments – Judd Allen, Human Resources Institute, LLC
- Improving Productivity, Profits, and Opportunity Through an Innovative Co-Generational Workplace– Liz Vogel, Dots, Inc.
- Advancing Your Employee Wellness Program: Strategies and tools for evaluation (part 1) – Lindsay Simpson, The Richards Group
- Working Recovery :Supporting Vermont’s Vulnerable Workforce – Multiple Speakers, Chittenden County Opioid Alliance
- Health and Emotional Wellbeing in the Workplace: Behavior Screening and Intervention as an Effective Approach to Wellness – Steven Dickens, InvestEAP
- Successful Program Planning: Meeting Employees at their Level of Readiness Multiple – Speakers, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont
12:15 p.m. – Lunch
Exhibits & Networking
1:30 p.m. – Concurrent Workshops
- Aligning People, Place and Purpose for Meaningful Wellness Interventions – Sara Rauch, WELCOA
- Harness the Power of Play – Lizzy Pope, University of Vermont & Marguerite Dibble, Game Theory
- Advancing Your Employee Wellness Program: Strategies and tools for evaluation (part 2) –Lindsay Simpson, The Richards Group
- Best Practices When Launching a Continuous Incentive Wellness Challenge –Nick Patel, Wellable, Inc.
- Physical Activity in the Workplace for Strength, Vitality and Injury Prevention –Michael Hughes, Injury & Health Management Solutions, Inc., Seth Rebeor, Injury & Health Management Solutions, Inc. & Heather Main, Main Wellness
- Promising Practices in Population Health – Speakers, Rise VT & Central Vermont Medical Center
2:35 p.m. – Fitness Intermission
– Ask the Experts Session
4:00 p.m. – Adjourn