Although the Green Mountain United Way’s mission is: Mobilizing communities to create lasting changes in local conditions that will improve lives. There are four areas the are United in Mission: Income, Health, Education and Basic Needs.
Here is a breakdown of those areas:
The number of financially stable individuals in communities increases.
- The number of families achieving and sustaining employment and stable housing increases
- Individuals increase their financial capability to manage finances, reduce debt, build savings and assets to avoid financial crisis
- Individuals receive the income supports that are available to them
The percentage of adults and youth who are obese or overweight decreases reducing the prevalence of chronic disease.
- Individuals have access to healthy, affordable foods to increase the number of people eating healthily in communities
- Individuals have access to physical activity opportunities to increase the number of people who are physically active in communities
- Individuals have knowledge of healthy food and physical activity options
* * *
Children ages 0-6 enter school ready to succeed with a foundation to help them develop to their fullest potential.
- The number of children ages 0-6 have quality child care programs available to them
- The rate of child abuse and neglect decreases
- Families receive support to create nurturing and stable learning environments at home
* * *
- Individuals’ basic needs including food, fuel, transportation and housing are met through improved coordination, availability and access of resources
- Individuals receive necessary prescription medication at an affordable cost