Through ongoing partnerships with other local nonprofit organizations, government agencies, faith-based groups and local businesses, Green Mountain United Way seeks to help meet the basic needs of the residents in its service area. Those needs include, but are not limited to, food, heating assistance, prescription drug discounts, opportunities for volunteerism, and research of available resources.
Green Mountain United Way also assists other nonprofit groups in accessing free goods and services that they might not otherwise be able to afford.
Intended Results for Community Caring:
- Families and individuals can access nutritious foods from local food shelves
- Families and individuals receive fuel assistance
- Families and individuals are eligible to use free prescription drug discount cards
- All have access to the GMUW Volunteer Network
- All have access to Vermont 2-1-1